View Full Version : New Here: setTimeout() fading colors

11-23-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm faily new to javascript but not at all new to website design and development. This is my first post so I will introduce myself a little bit. I started doing graphic design at age 12 and at 13 I started a website dedicated to adobe photoshop tutorials.

I really just stuck with CSS, HTML, and Photoshop as my tools of choice, only using scripts when I could find one that suited my needs (i didn't code.)

I've started programming now, learning PHP and Javascript simultaneously. I've spent more time with PHP though.

Info: I'm interested in Javascript only. I know this is easy to do with jQuery. I'm learnin JAVASCRIPT, the jquery library(which I already had some experience with). Basically I want to learn Javascript well enough to make jquery plugins

I want to add an event listener to the links on my navigation and use the setTimeout to fade the colors but I have been having a lot of trouble finding resources online that detail how to animate things in javascript.

Old Pedant
11-23-2012, 06:35 AM
Explain more?

You mean that when somebody clicks on a link you want to fade the text color *OF* the link???

11-25-2012, 12:57 AM
problem solved guys

11-25-2012, 09:08 PM
problem solved guys

Well you could have posted the solution so that anyone else with the same problem who visits this forum with the same question would find your answer.