View Full Version : Change Profile Photo (Facebook like)

saat
11-21-2012, 05:56 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to post it.

Hello,

On my new portal design there is an area with a profile photo of the user that is currently logged in. I want to add the functionality to click on the photo, open a small div near the photo with some options (edit,remove etc) and then when i click anywhere else the div disappears again. Something like facebook change profile picture. Any ideas? Are there any readytouse plugins for that?

Thanks in advance.

Philip M
11-21-2012, 07:23 AM
You will need server-side coding to achieve this. (If the photo is to be visible to anyone but the user himself).

All advice is supplied packaged by intellectual weight, and not by volume. Contents may settle slightly in transit.

saat
11-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Before going to the server side programming phase, don't we need to create
1. the markup
2. the (javascript i suppose) functionality with the small div that should open/close on photo click etc.?

Philip M
11-21-2012, 08:00 AM
Before going to the server side programming phase, don't we need to create
1. the markup
2. the (javascript i suppose) functionality with the small div that should open/close on photo click etc.?

Yes, you do. But this forum is not a free coding service. Show your code and then doubtless someone will help you correct/improve it.
Or post in the Web Pojects section of the forum.

Please have regard to the forum rule about double-posting.

saat
11-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Ofcourse.
I do not expect from anybody to offer me the full code for something that I want to do. I am just discussing the general way to do implement it...

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum