View Full Version : update record mystery

zenweezil
10-29-2003, 08:21 AM
Any idea why update record would give a page not found error when you hit submit?

I even took a delete record page that works fine and removed the delete record behavior and added the update record in its place and it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Caffeine
10-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Post your code and we'll see what possibly could be wrong.

M@rco
10-29-2003, 12:57 PM
If there was a problem with the target script then you wouldn't get a 404! Your script containing the form must be sending it to a non-existent URL! Check the action attribute of your form element.

Either that or your target script is performing a Response.ReDirect to a URL which doesn't exist.

In either case, check your target URLs...

;)

Caffeine
10-29-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by M@rco
If there was a problem with the target script then you wouldn't get a 404!

Actually that is not 100% true ;)
When using NS 4.x-browsers one could get a 404-error when some includefile didn't exist, such as a css or a js-file.

There is no way an update-statement could result in a 404 alone, it has to be what M@rco just wrote; check your urls! :)

M@rco
10-29-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Caffeine
Actually that is not 100% true ;)
When using NS 4.x-browsers one could get a 404-error when some includefile didn't exist, such as a css or a js-file.lol! I stand corrected - I forgot those browsers still existed!
;)

oracleguy
10-29-2003, 05:28 PM
You sure you aren't getting a HTTP 500 error instead of a 404?

If you are using IE, make sure you have friendly HTTP error messages turned off, so it will display the ASP error and the line.

zenweezil
10-31-2003, 08:03 PM
Sorry yes it is an http 500.

I think I solved the mystery. I accidently called one of my table fields "update" which I am assuming is one of the forbidden words.

I did the same thing a few years back withthe word "date".

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum