View Full Version : ASP or ASP.net

10-27-2003, 08:41 PM
Having used the web for the last 5 years and seeing technologies battle it it, the ASP or ASP.net debate is a hot one. For the last 6months I have been learning DHTML and must say that DHTML via ASP or any other scripting language has got big mileage left. For ASP vs ASP.net fans I would recommend seeing LINK REMOVED and running the demo.

P.S. I edited this post (and the subject) to avoid misleading information. The original poster obviously has no clue regarding client-side OR server-side langauges and should be ignored completely. - Whammy

10-27-2003, 10:13 PM
ASP is going to die a quicky death....We had a discussion about it here last week.

I develop in ASP and .NET on a daily basis since that is what I get paid to do. Everything that can be done in asp and be done in half the code in .NET

Roy Sinclair
10-27-2003, 10:22 PM
Ignore this, it's apparently a gratuitious advertisement and not a serious thread by a serious developer. A quick lookup of Richard Greavus in Yahoo finds 3 other places where a nearly identical post is placed in an article's comments section.

Nothing I see on the site he mentions addresses anything to do with ASP vs ASP.NET anyway.

10-28-2003, 01:32 AM
This thread is obviously bogus. DHTML is client-side JavaScript working with the DOM, and has nothing to do with ASP or ASP.NET aside from the fact that you can use it in either.

Thread closed, link removed.