View Full Version : submit form to iframe not working with Safari

anarchoi
11-09-2012, 01:02 AM
I have a simple form that submits a form with an iframe as target. Under firefox, internet explorer and google chrome it works perfectly.

But with Safari the form isn't submited. The target page will open in the iframe when clicking the submit button but the form isn't submitted.

Here's the page with the problem: http://www.ni-dieu-ni-maitre.com/tshirt_test.php?t=t-shirt-A10568008

Try it with firefox: it will work and the product will be added to the basket. But with Safari it doesn't work.

Please help me ! I'm desperate :(

felgall
11-09-2012, 01:14 AM
The target attribute was declared to be obsolete back in 1997. Browsers are no longer required to support it - although they all still do on links. I don't think that they all ever did for forms - particularly brrowsers created since that attribute was deleted from the standards back in 1997.

anarchoi
11-09-2012, 10:27 AM
But the target seems to be working with my script. If you try to submit the form, the target page will load in the correct iframe. But the form won't be submitted.

Well here's my situation: i want to submit a form to an external website without opening the page in the browser. Instead, i am opening a lightbox telling users that the form has been submitted. So the way i found to do it is to submit the form inside an hidden iframe and then detect with javascript if the iframe has finished loading to confirm the form has been sent.
Any idea what alternative way i could use to submit my form without changing page ?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum