View Full Version : difficult chat code, cannot figure out a code for a one on one network pairing system

11-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Dear readers,

i am on the adventure of building a website, and came across a step which took too long to figure out, and therefore, i ask here.

I am trying to create a website where we have 2 different pages, and in each page you have a chat box, (preferably large), and the point is to pair the users of one page, with the other page. The person should be picked randomly and like this, you have a chatting system of a person of 1 page with a person of the other page. (this means, it's a one on one chat)

It would be nice if anyone could help or give me the html codes needed for both the pages,

Thank you for your consideration,

11-08-2012, 11:24 PM
It sounds like you have the wrong idea about what you are trying to do.

Most of what you described is a job for programming languages, such as PHP, and Javascript.

11-08-2012, 11:30 PM
yeh, I've been looking up codes etc.. they say php is maybe not the best one to use, but ajax is.. except that i really have no clue how to do so :/

11-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Ajax isn't a programming language, it's a method of using several programming languages. I think you will have a very hard time create such a page, if you don't know the first thing about programming (Not intending to be rude).

11-08-2012, 11:57 PM
mhmm, you're right :/ it'll take some time.. i just hoped maybe i could find help here :/