View Full Version : Trying to make a logo

marcee
10-27-2012, 12:10 AM
I am trying to make a logo in Photoshop Elements and the image looks so pixelated. I obviously have no clue what I am doing but I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a specific brush I should use of a filter or something that could smooth it out.
Thanks for any advice.

henryc06
10-28-2012, 04:01 AM
Use a blur filter to smooth out harsh or jagged edges that result from pixelation. Then apply a sharpen filter to fix any excessive blurriness that results from blur filters. Lastly, use more artistic filters to find another solution. Filters such as the cutout filter can turn a painfully pixelated image into a smooth and artistic one.

evo
11-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Try and use smart objects when working with the logo. Just remember, in photoshop, which is intended for rasterised output will always produce relatively pixelated results.

NickJohnson
11-15-2012, 06:42 AM
How about "Edit in Quick Mask Mode"...
I m not sure about it, but try.....

anthony1
11-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Use small objects working with the logo.The filter can turn a painfully pixelated image into a smooth and artistic one.

johnnycabbage
11-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Pixelated? I recommend vector graphics, if you have the option.

steveparkinson
11-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Use Adobe illustrator instead of Photoshop

Coding Start
12-07-2012, 07:32 AM
If you want to make it logo, its recommended to use corel draw. This software its special to make beautiful logo design with vector format.

resdog
12-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Use a vector program (Illustrator). Since you don't know what you're doing...let me throw this out there. Are you viewing this at 100% size, or is it enlarged? If it's enlarged, then of course it will look pixilated.

StevenHu
12-13-2012, 08:39 PM
If it is too pixelated:

1. Maybe you made it in too small of a resolution to begin with. The image is 200px wide, but you want to display it at 500px wide. You'll have to create it in the final size in the first place, preferably 2x-3x larger, then reduce to sharpen it.

2. Maybe you are viewing it at too large a magnification. It will always look worse then. View it at 1:1 to see what it really looks like on the monitor.

3. If at all possible, you should design a log in Illustrator or other vector graphics program, that way you can reduce and enlarge without loss of detail.

thefairy
12-21-2012, 08:15 AM
What version of the software are you using?

Landman
12-28-2012, 12:12 PM
If you're creating a logo, then you should make the document 300 dpi. I usually create logos at 3000px by 3000px at 300 dpi.

Once you are happy with the logo, save it. Then save a copy of it and scale the copy down in size. This will allow your logo to retain a crispness and sharpness. No pixelation.

Even better, use Adobe Illustrator. If you don't have illustrator then use Inkscape (It's Free).

Landan

Joycie
12-29-2012, 11:13 AM
I am trying to make a logo in Photoshop Elements and the image looks so pixelated. I obviously have no clue what I am doing but I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a specific brush I should use of a filter or something that could smooth it out.
Thanks for any advice.

Hi Marcee!

Is the image an image you have created yourself?
can you advice of the resolution you used (dpi / pixels)
and do you want to use it for print or online purposes?
also, is it with a transparent background or color?

An image to be printed needs to be 300dpi for a starter and the image needs to be larger than you actually wants to use it, in order to resize it at the end and keep it sharp for printing. Photoshop is a fantastic program but if you want to create something with very sharp edges, Illustrator rocks!
Please give some more details of your logo and maybe attach or pm the image, and I'll have a look at it ;)

odysseyin
01-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Hi,
I recommend that use Adobe illustrator it will help you. While designing logo use smart objects.

pavitrabalse07
01-28-2013, 09:15 AM
The danger of using Photoshop for logos is that you can creep in raster images and effects into your logo work. Remember that your finished logo needs to be scalable and avoid using raster images unless you know you can achieve the same look by creating a vector version at a later stage

ckirkster
01-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Hi,
I recommend that use Adobe illustrator it will help you. While designing logo use smart objects.

I approve this advice :thumbsup:

rezfill
02-15-2013, 07:49 AM
in your problem, obviously majority saying that there is to remedy to pixelated problem,

just a piece of advice darling, you must use a large or high resolution images to avoid further dissapointment to your work.

StevenHu
02-20-2013, 10:10 PM
The OP hasn't responded to any of the comments. I wonder how he or she is doing?

chakanevil
03-12-2013, 01:31 AM
I was also going to say try making the image larger with photoshop and change the resolution to 300 when you crate a new file also when shrinking it try using bilinear or other resampling

staceydevine
04-01-2013, 02:45 PM
you an go to my website named logopunching.and check out our logos design and web design or you can call us +1 647 478 9397

PrettyBirdMedia
04-13-2013, 11:33 PM
Hi Marcee,

Did you ever get your logo completed? We would love to see!

I would give you my advice, but it's been done. For any kind of logo work you need to create a vector file (AI, EPS, SVG).

My design skills leveled up once I harnessed the power of the pen tool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXxmKZtFutI). I first became familiar with Photoshop and was intimidated by Illustrator at first since there are so many varying options. If you design logos and custom graphics, it is something every good designer must master. Just take it one day at a time :)

Scalability - no matter what size you make it for web, print, or whatever the file maintains it's integrity from the smallest to the largest size possible.

Editable - When you have a vector file (or a smart object) you can easily make changes in the future.

Clean Design - Since vectors are drawn using mathematical equations rather than pixels, you will get a clean edge, every time.

samiaeg
04-17-2013, 06:20 PM
If you're creating a logo, then you should make the document 300 dpi. I usually create logos at 3000px by 3000px at 300 dpi.

Once you are happy with the logo, save it. Then save a copy of it and scale the copy down in size. This will allow your logo to retain a crispness and sharpness. No pixelation.

Even better, use Adobe Illustrator. If you don't have illustrator then use Inkscape (It's Free).

Landan

nice tips

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum