View Full Version : Print from Selected data......

ent8
10-19-2003, 04:46 PM
Hope someone can help,

I have a search database script program (cgi) which show search result on a html template namely "_search_results.html"..

These results will apear in line similar concept to "Yahoo" and "Hotmail" email with the "check" box features on the left hand side....what I wish to know is that, can it be done to select such results by clicking on the chosen checkbox and send to a "printable" format.

Hopefully, those that being selected will appear and can be printed.

I know it sound simple to some of you...but i got stuck thinking of this.....so hopefully someone can help me solve this.

Thanks in advance.

ASP-Hosting.ca
10-19-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by ent8
Hope someone can help,

I have a search database script program (cgi) which show search result on a html template namely "_search_results.html"..

These results will apear in line similar concept to "Yahoo" and "Hotmail" email with the "check" box features on the left hand side....what I wish to know is that, can it be done to select such results by clicking on the chosen checkbox and send to a "printable" format.

Hopefully, those that being selected will appear and can be printed.

I know it sound simple to some of you...but i got stuck thinking of this.....so hopefully someone can help me solve this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You can do that, but you'll have to prepare the "printable" format yourself.

ent8
10-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the reply, I have the printable format ready and i have no problem in making that.....it just that the output of the search results which need to be "choice" selected and send to the printable is the major problem and confusing to me....

I know, i've seen it somewhere, but it just does not ring any bell...to me...

anyway, your help will be much appreciated......

COBOLdinosaur
10-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Intranet?; or are you getting results from other servers? You you are going cross-domain you cannot style the pages for printing on the client. You will have to acquire them server side and do whatever formatting is necessary there, because you cannot script cross-domain server side.

If it is not cross-domain, then just include an alternate style sheet for printing in the head when you generate the page, or use an laternate print version with:

<link rel=alternate media=print href="printversion.doc">

ent8
10-19-2003, 06:30 PM
COBOLdinosaur, it is not a cross-domain...the result are from the same server as the scripts/database.....thanks for asking....

I assume some of you might come accross it....same manner as the "hotmail" email result output.....

Up to this stage I mange to make it into such output, however, instead of "click" to delete such search results (in the hotmail result page), it can be "click" and send to a new "printable" page......

thanks

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum