View Full Version : PHP and Cygwin

Exodious
10-19-2003, 02:09 PM
Hiya, I've setup php for winXP and configured the mod_perl to work as well, next step I want to be able to run CGI/perl scripts in conjunction with Cygwin.

Why? Because I want to be able to use my perl scripts and sed & awk together... erm, on windows too, can I install php for unix with cygwin?

firepages
10-20-2003, 07:50 AM
Hi , if you have cygwin in your PATH , say 'c:/cygwin/bin' then thats really all you need to do e.g.

<?php
exec( 'ps -eW' , $yaks );
print_r($yaks);
?>

PERL cgi scripts should find the cygwin tools as easily , mod_perl I assume you need to use exec or backticks or whatever it is PERL uses :D

<you probably know this but anyway>
If you have installed cygwin it should have added itself to your PATH ... tpye 'SET' in command window to check...
if not , right click 'my computer' , click the advanced tab , click 'environment variables' , in the 'system variables' window select 'Path' , click 'edit' and add c:/whatever/cygwin/bin to the end of that line , you will then probably need to restart.
You can do this via command line as well , type 'SET /?'
</you probably know this but anyway />

carl_mcdade
02-24-2005, 05:30 PM
I just discovered to my disappointment that PHP is not in a package for cygwin. Does anyone have info on how to install it?

I want to be able to use PHP in cygwin to perform tasks without having to write and run a script or have a webserver going on my desktop.

ReadMe.txt
02-24-2005, 07:36 PM
whats wrong with using CLI PHP for windows?

Mhtml
02-24-2005, 07:47 PM
<?php
exec( 'ps -eW' , $yaks );
print_r($yaks);
?>

You certainly seem to like those hairy beasts.

firepages
02-25-2005, 02:35 AM
You certainly seem to like those hairy beasts.
much friendlier than $llama's is all I can say :)

As Readme says you can just use your existing win32 CLI binary in cygwin , simply copy the php-cli & php4ts.dll to the cygwin /bin directory or add your current php cli to the PATH.

You could (if you have gcc & the common build tools (all part of cygwin)) , grab the source & compile PHP from within cygwin , though unless you really just want the challange ... I would not bother , just use the existing win32 binaries.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum