View Full Version : How do I install image rotating scripts in a separate .js file?

10-18-2003, 10:57 PM
I am using two different image rotating scripts in a mockup page. They both seem to work fine. However, now I need to install these scripts in a separate .js file, rather than keeping the scripts within the source code for the page (so I can create simplified Dreamweaver template pages). Can someone give me some help?

Here’s the mockup page, with the two image rotating scripts embedded in the HTML. (both scripts call images in the lower left “Cocoon Latex” and “Snapshots”). I have already created a separate .js file which contains the navigation bar scripts:

Thank you,

Mark Burnley

10-19-2003, 09:28 AM
first at all you have HTML errors on the page... You have 3 <head>...</head> lines, which is not necessary.

Now... copy the code lines (except the specifications <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> and </SCRIPT>) in a file using a ASCII editor (Dreamweaver, FrontPage... even Notepd is OK for this). Refere that file (extension .JS> in your head, like

<script language="JavaScript" src="your_file.js"></script>

If you say that all your scripts works ok together now, you may put all the scripts in a single js file, you may put them in different js files, it doesn't matter.

10-20-2003, 06:17 AM
um. dude. we've got rules about adult content, as do most places.

we don't mind if that's what you're gonna do with the answer to your question, but posting that content here, or posting links to it, is against the rules that you agreed to when you joined.