PDA

View Full Version : Move_uploaded_file Error

username85
10-18-2012, 02:36 AM
Hey all,

Can anybody let me know how to correct the 'move_uploaded_file:failed to open stream' error?

After trying to upload an image, I get the following errors:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/var/websites/backpage_php/web/files/34/crv.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Hosting\9977835\html\edit.php on line 26

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'D:\Temp\php\phpA725.tmp' to '/var/websites/backpage_php/web/files/34/crv.jpg' in D:\Hosting\9977835\html\edit.php on line 26

the code for in the edit.php file is:

11 if($_POST["task"]=="Save"){
$rs = $_POST;
$msg = "";

15 $rs["type"] = $type;

if($msg==""){

19 $rs["status"] = "Active";
$rs["user_id"] = $user_id;

///upload
23 $target_path = file_path.$rs["list_id"];

$new_pic1 = basename($_FILES['photo']['name']);
26 if($new_pic1!="" && move_uploaded_file($_FILES['photo']['tmp_name'], $target_path ."/". $new_pic1)) {
$rs["photo"] = $new_pic1;
}

//update photo
update_list($rs);

$msg = lang("Saved");

$activation_id = $rs["activation_id"];
}
}

Thanks.

-Rafal

Fou-Lu
10-18-2012, 03:59 AM
I assume those numbers are just line numbers.
Look at these paths: /var/websites/backpage_php/web/files/34/crv.jpg compared to: D:\Temp\php\phpA725.tmp.
You are attempting to move a file to an invalid location in your filesystem. Your code is running on a windows system, but you are attempting to move it to a path that is a *nix fileystem. So the error is that the directory you want to move into simply doesn't exist. Look into the file_path constant you have here to change the value to a non-linux filepath.

Inigoesdr
10-18-2012, 04:00 AM
Given that your temporary path is on "D:\", I suspect this is a Windows server which would mean the destination path "/var/websites/backpage_php/web/files/" is incorrect.

username85
10-18-2012, 04:14 AM
I assume those numbers are just line numbers.
Look at these paths: /var/websites/backpage_php/web/files/34/crv.jpg compared to: D:\Temp\php\phpA725.tmp.
You are attempting to move a file to an invalid location in your filesystem. Your code is running on a windows system, but you are attempting to move it to a path that is a *nix fileystem. So the error is that the directory you want to move into simply doesn't exist. Look into the file_path constant you have here to change the value to a non-linux filepath.

Where/How do I find that value?

Fou-Lu
10-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Where/How do I find that value?

Haven't a clue. That's a user defined constant (although I won't recommend lower case for constants, this clearly is since it parses to a filepath), so you'll have to go through your code to find it.
Either this or file_path does actually fail (enable your error reporting with:

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);

It'll tell you if you try using a string as an undefined constant), and $rs['list_id'] contains the full path. Either way you need to debug for this as we cannot do it with any type of user created variables that aren't shown here.