...

View Full Version : Strange problem with browser cache



aitchison21
10-17-2012, 11:06 AM
I am uploading files using Dreamweaver to my site, but when I go to check it in my computer browser (chrome, safari, IE and Firefox) the site has not been updated. However, when I check it on another computer it has updated okay.

Now, you're probably thinking, clear the cache, history and cookies. I have cleared it on all of the browsers but still can't see updated files.

I have even used CCleaner to delete internet cache and generally cleaned up the computer.

It's a pain having to go to another computer all the time to make sure changes are made.

Anybody any other suggestions :confused:

*****Updated****

I have just noticed that when I check a non page on my computer browser it seems to be seeing the site from the old server it was on which was using CentOS whilst the new server, which I changed to a few weeks ago is using Ubuntu.

Here is what I get from my computer:

Not Found

The requested URL /Testsite was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.cytguides.com Port 80

Whilst on my laptop I get:

Not Found

The requested URL /Testsite was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at www.cytguides.com Port 80



EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum