View Full Version : SEO Question - Issue with keywords

enhancedigital
10-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi,

I have recently made a website for a restaurant, which consists of 3 pages (home, menu and 'find us' pages).

The issue I have is that when Google is crawling my site, it is looking through the 100+ item food menu, and using these words as keywords. e.g. Webmaster Tools is showing that the keyword with most significance is 'Fried' followed by 'Chicken' in second place, and a load of other food items going down the list.

What is the best way to tackle this? I was considering adding the 'menu' and 'find us' pages to a robots.txt file so that only the homepage would be indexed, but wasn't sure if there would be a better method?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

patryk
10-13-2012, 03:53 PM
robots.txt is the answer.
you can either allow google to index a document or not. you can't exclude only part of document (unless that part is added by javascript)

enhancedigital
10-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks Patryk, I have added a robots.txt file to exclude the menu page, will have to wait and see if it works!

patryk
10-15-2012, 02:32 PM
workaround: you can make portion of page in separate html file, block it in robors.txt and then put that "hidden" document in iframe.

rahulkumar1
10-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Hi,

I have recently made a website for a restaurant, which consists of 3 pages (home, menu and 'find us' pages).

The issue I have is that when Google is crawling my site, it is looking through the 100+ item food menu, and using these words as keywords. e.g. Webmaster Tools is showing that the keyword with most significance is 'Fried' followed by 'Chicken' in second place, and a load of other food items going down the list.

What is the best way to tackle this? I was considering adding the 'menu' and 'find us' pages to a robots.txt file so that only the homepage would be indexed, but wasn't sure if there would be a better method?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Robot.txt its the best option for ignoring specified files or directories when site is crawling.

JefferyJamison
10-22-2012, 11:17 AM
HI ! i totally agree with patryk that robot.txt is the perfect solution for your problem.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum