View Full Version : Opening web page program

mab9981
10-15-2003, 06:31 PM
I'm trying to locate a program that will take all the files and folders from my website on my c drive and allow me to send it to a friend so that all he has to do is double click what i sent him and it will open the page.

That way he doesn't have to open up the zip file, find the index.htm then open that.

sciguyryan
10-15-2003, 07:48 PM
why not use an FTP cliant and download the page off the site?

mab9981
10-15-2003, 08:13 PM
I figured this might happen.

I'm trying to email the page for approval.

THere fore i do not want it on the internet. So i'm wondering if there is a way to package all the files nice and neat and then send it to someone via email, whereas all they have to do is double click the icon and it runs the site locally on their internet explorer.

Right now, i zip all the files and folders in winzip. Then the recipient of the email has to unzip them somewhere , then he has to open the index.htm file.

Thats kinda inconvenient.

Michael

B-pLeAsE
10-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Whats wrong with making a demo on the internet? I'm a webdesigner and I usually make a working demo so I can show my clients what everything looks like. That way if they wanna change some content I can just make the changes and show them the link.

mab9981
10-15-2003, 08:31 PM
two words....

My Boss........doesn't want me to do that.

So the question isn't should i put on the internet or email it....the question is, does some have a program to fit the bill?

B-Please:

I understand what you're saying and it makes perfect sense and i do it with my website http://alloutracing.netfirms.com all the time. But my boss hates it.

He thinks it's tasteless. I 've been in circles with him about it awhile. It's about as pointless as a 1 legged opposum trying to cross a freeway in rush hour.

But thank you.

Michael

B-pLeAsE
10-15-2003, 08:48 PM
I guess the poor client is gonna have to open the zip file... nice site BTW...

mab9981
10-15-2003, 08:50 PM
There 's gotta be a program for it?

i guess i'll have to write the program.

By the way, sites still getting bugs worked outta of it but thank you.

It's my personal page. So i don't have much time to work on it.
It recently recieved the overhaul you see.
:)

sciguyryan
10-16-2003, 03:52 PM
Ok, why dont you copy the source code down and add it to noatpad then save it as a .htm file. When the user double clicks it, it should open and show the page without the internet being open?

ggallen
10-17-2003, 04:16 PM
I believe there is a windows version of it.

It will allow you to download a webpage, and all it's
associated files, it will even change the URL's inside
the files to local filenames.

It should do what you want.

If you have a unix machine (linux), you could always use
that to do what you want (using wget), then ftp the
files to a windows machine for packaging and emailing.

George

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum