View Full Version : JavaScript question

spacecadet11
10-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Hello. Sorry potentially about this question. On a computer I use..I can first go to the 'tools' command button...then scroll down to 'developer tools'. When I get there a particular screen shows up. It displays the javascript encoded on the the particular 'page' I am viewing. Is it possible to 'alter' the code that already exists for a page? I can not seem to alter what I am viewing at all.

Can you create javascript by 'typing' in script when this screen is displayed? Or do you have to use 'notepad'?

Thanks for any and all responses
Bye
SC

jmrker
10-10-2012, 04:34 AM
My assumption is that you are looking at the "View Source" screen display.

You cannot modify this screen and re-execute the script.
You can however copy the source, paste it to a new textfile with NotePad (or other text editor)
save the modified code and then execute it from your browser's 'open file' command.

That also assumes there are not any external files being accessed.
If there are, they need to be copied as well if they are not referenced with a complete URL.

Philip M
10-10-2012, 08:07 AM
I think he means Developer Tools (F12 in IE).

Is it possible to 'alter' the code that already exists for a page? No, no and no!

He means (say) change price = 100 to price = 1 or something.

xelawho
10-10-2012, 01:40 PM
in firefox's tools>web developer there is a javascript scratch pad where you can enter javascript and see what changes it makes to the page. It will only affect the local version of the page for the length of the browser session, though, of course.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum