View Full Version : Help! How do you install this php script?

hexathane
10-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Hey guys!

I'm new at all these php stuffs and have trouble trying to install a script. I've been trying to install the script, located at https://gist.github.com/820281

I've no clue how to do this at all. Tried googling some methods, but everything that came up was too complicated for me to understand. I tried uploading it to my site but all i got was an error

Anyone can help me on this?

Thanks! :)

sunfighter
10-05-2012, 04:51 PM
From the page you sent me to:
Twitter autoresponder bot

By Daniel15 (dan.cx) This is a very simple Twitter autoresponder bot. It requires PECL OAuth extension to be installed (run "pecl install oauth", or if on Windows, grab php-oauth.dll. If using cPanel you can install it via WHM). The authentication is designed for command-line usage, it won't work too well via a web browser. You'll have to sign up for an application on Twitter's site to get the consumer key and secret.

Could be modified to be more advanced (match regular expressions to answer questions, etc.)

Think I would go the cPanel route.

hexathane
10-06-2012, 03:11 AM
From the page you sent me to:
Twitter autoresponder bot

By Daniel15 (dan.cx) This is a very simple Twitter autoresponder bot. It requires PECL OAuth extension to be installed (run "pecl install oauth", or if on Windows, grab php-oauth.dll. If using cPanel you can install it via WHM). The authentication is designed for command-line usage, it won't work too well via a web browser. You'll have to sign up for an application on Twitter's site to get the consumer key and secret.

Could be modified to be more advanced (match regular expressions to answer questions, etc.)

Think I would go the cPanel route.

Hey!

Thanks for your reply! Problem is, i have no idea how to do it in cpanel either, im a complete newbie at this ):

Thanks!

sunfighter
10-06-2012, 05:27 AM
No offense hexathane, but this line
The authentication is designed for command-line usage, it won't work too well via a web browser. You'll have to sign up for an application on Twitter's site to get the consumer key and secret. Tells me you are going to be lost and should look for another solution for what you want to do.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum