View Full Version : Triple Combo Box

10-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Hello everybody,
I have used the Triple Combo box, but I was wondering if it can be made to open links in a new window but most of all a new window of specific size.
Here is where I have found the script:
Can anyone help me with this please?
Thank you,

10-09-2003, 06:59 PM
You could try changing the function redirect2 to this:
function redirect2(z){

This would open a window that is 300 pixels wide by 300 pixels high and load the selected document.

10-09-2003, 08:15 PM
That's great.
That would mean that all my links will have to get a specific window size.
What if I want to have several options together, like have a link in a full sized window, another in a 300x300 window and another at a different size window.
Doesn't that mean that the size and the target of a window should be inserted in each link?
Can this be achieved? This can give the combo box a great flexibility.
Thank you so much,

10-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Well you could set up the your value portion of the drop down to also include the width and height along with the link. It would look something like this:
secondGroup[1][1][1]=new Option("JavaScript Kit","http://javascriptkit.com,300,300");

You would separate them by a coma. The first value is the link, the second is the width and the third is the height. Then set up your function like this:

function redirect2(z){
tempvalue=temp1[z].value.split(",") // split the link, width and height apart

Mind you I have not tested this so there could be syntax errors and such, but the concept should work.

10-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Thank you for that.
I am sorry it takes me long to answer, we must be in very different time zones.
I have inserted it in the script but I am getting several errors, as you mentioned. I will try to make this work, although I am not so sure about this. I am not a script expert, you see.

I am also trying to add this to the 1st link stage as well, as some <options> are links in that stage and never reach the second one.

Thank you once again. If you have any further ideas, please send them to me.