View Full Version : (html, javascript, & IE) Problem drawing images with outerHTML.

msimmons
07-26-2002, 03:49 PM
I am having a problem drawing images with outerHTML. Apperantly this is a known issue with IE but this is all I could find on the subject:
Google Groups: Missing Images (http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&threadm=%231ywChHK%24GA.226%40cppssbbsa05&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dmissing%2Bimages%2Bgroup:microsoft.public.scripting.jscript%26hl%3Den%26ie%3DISO-8859-1%26oe%3DISO-8859-1%26selm%3D%25231ywChHK%2524GA.226%2540cppssbbsa05%26rnum%3D1)
I coulden't make sense of the workaround they suggested nor make it work.
Basicly I have a number of items but I do not know how many at design time (and the number changes through out the session) so I am bulding a table (yes, it is tabular data) dynamicly from a hidden frame and outerHTML'ing it to the main form. At first the images will not show until you do something else that will cause the screen to redraw (this is a non-refreshing site).

any help will be greatly appreciated,
Michael

msimmons
07-26-2002, 04:10 PM
I'm so good :)
OK here is what I did to fix it. on the main form I added an empty div with a z-index of -1. Then I wrote a html page with this inside:

parent.frames[0].document.getElementById('IEimageWorkaround').style.background = '#ffffff';
parent.frames[0].document.getElementById('IEimageWorkaround').style.background = '';

so I run the script that builds the item list table and outerHTML's it, then I location.href to the workaround page and it works now! :)

(I am getting a javascript "object required" error though on that first line)

Michael

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum