View Full Version : Fill out form, display, then option to email or print

10-08-2003, 11:40 PM

I'm totally lost on scripting, and am admitting I may be too old to learn new tricks finally. :(

What I'd like to do is to have a form with a series of selections with check boxes:
o Option 1
o Option 2
o Option 3
(choose one of the above)

o Selection 1
o Selection 2
o Selection 3
o Selection 4
(choose one of the above)

and so on. At the end would be a comments box, as well.

After making the selections, click "Show Selections"

That displays a new window, nicely formatted, which displays the selected choices.

That page offers two options: "print a copy" and "email a copy" which does.. just that.

How difficult is this to do? Should it even be done in javascript? Thanks for any advice you can give - I'm real experienced in HTML, but haven't dabbled into scripts or programming before.

Thanks to anyone with advice or assistance -

10-09-2003, 09:45 AM
Yes, that can be done in JavaScript. It is not so difficult, but, usually this kind of job is done using a server-side application who will generate your new page using the values submitted.

Have you someone to build that CGI for you? Or shal we try to build a javascript for you?

10-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Hi Kor,

Thank you for your reply. :) I don't mind asking in the CGI forum - hopefully someone as nice as you are will be able to help me out and give me a little guidance. ;)

If you wanted to try and build it in Javascript, I wouldn't stop you! LIke I said before, I've read and looked and tried and simply think I'm finally getting too old to understand some of these things. :o

Thank you again,