View Full Version : What do I need to create a CD launch menu?

OM2
09-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Can someone advise what I need to create a CD launch menu
I'm not sure what programming langauges/environments I should use

The only one that comes to mind is Adobe's Flex

I could code it all in Flash - but that isn't really good for working with launching programs on a PC (or Mac)

I want to have nice looking graphics and the menus need to go down one or two levels + some nice animations when buttons are pressed

I'm sure (for Windows) the answer might be a VB based solution - but then I am not sure how easy it would be to get the nice animations and interactions

I wasn't sure if this would be the best place to ask... but I thought I'd try asking anyway

Any help would be great

Thanks

Omar

Spookster
09-14-2012, 11:34 PM
What do you mean by a CD launch menu? Are you talking about a graphical installation wizard that one uses for installing software or something more like the GUI that pops up upon CD insert for PC based games where it gives you options to install the game or launch the game, check for updates, options, etc?

OM2
09-16-2012, 09:14 PM
What do you mean by a CD launch menu? Are you talking about a graphical installation wizard that one uses for installing software or something more like the GUI that pops up upon CD insert for PC based games where it gives you options to install the game or launch the game, check for updates, options, etc?

actually a bit of both
i only want a graphical interface
that gives 4 icons say - these 4 icons simply link to an executable programs for setting up other programs
does that make sense?

thanks

Spookster
09-17-2012, 11:56 PM
actually a bit of both
i only want a graphical interface
that gives 4 icons say - these 4 icons simply link to an executable programs for setting up other programs
does that make sense?

thanks

Well for just a graphical menu that launches when you insert a CD there are many apps that allow you to create a menu without having to get into programming.

Google turns up plenty of results
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=CD+menu+creator

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum