View Full Version : Question about programming in general

IlyaChet
09-12-2012, 06:18 PM
In what way are computer programs like puzzles? What is the correct term for such a thing in computing?

Fou-Lu
09-12-2012, 09:27 PM
What do you mean by a puzzle? The output of the program being that of a puzzle? Or how the code is put together like a puzzle (using subroutines)?

sunfighter
09-12-2012, 11:04 PM
A shot in the dark..... algorithm?

Marjubel
09-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Algorithm is a step-by-step procedure for calculations.
What do you mean about puzzles? You mean, the question that is
used in programming.. It is algorithm.

ecbuying
09-25-2012, 09:01 AM
I also want to learn about the mobile language, what languageis suitable?

Redcoder
09-25-2012, 09:32 AM
I also want to learn about the mobile language, what languageis suitable?

Well you can use HTML5 for smartphones as it delivers a uniform experience across all types of smartphones. Compared to native code, it's not as good as there are some phone features it can't access like the camera although you can use bridges like PhoneGap to access some features like accelerometer.

For native code as the name suggests, it is indigenous to every OS like iOs. For iOS you use Objective C which is compiled using XCode which can only work on a mac. Android uses Java and of course some Os specific commands. You can compile it using Eclipse which I think is multiplstform. Blackberry I think uses C++/Java although you are going to have to research more on that and on it's SDK. Nokia, Symbian uses QT....and so for and so forth. Each Os has unique native code and SDK which may differ slightly across different models even thosecin the same series.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum