View Full Version : multi-task problem

chartwise
09-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Intermittantly when changing from one software program to another using the taskbar it leaves part of the previous software on the screen.

Can anyone please tell me what is wrong and how to get rid of this problem.
I had re-installed software without success.

Attached is an screenshot example of the problem.
This happened when switching from Dreamweaver to Word. It shows part of the Dreamweaver properties bar after switching to Word. Although the problem isn't just confined to these two.

oracleguy
09-13-2012, 06:50 AM
How many monitors do you have connected and what are their resolutions? What kind of video card do you have and how much video RAM does it have?

If this just started happening has anything changed recently with your computer?

chartwise
09-13-2012, 01:50 PM
How many monitors do you have connected and what are their resolutions? What kind of video card do you have and how much video RAM does it have?

If this just started happening has anything changed recently with your computer?

I only have one monitor a Viewsonic VX 2025WM (20inch wide screen) Resolution: 1680 x 1050
My VIDEO card is: NVIDIA G-Force 7900 GT
RAM: 256MB

My PC has 4GB RAM

It has been happening intermittantly for about a month.
Mainly happens when switching between Dreamweaver (CS4) and Word 2010.
Occasionally it happens between others but less so.

Nothing else has changed. No new software added or deleted.

oracleguy
09-13-2012, 05:37 PM
The reason I was asking about the monitor resolutions and video card is that if you have a very under powered card driving a lot of pixels you can see the problem you are seeing. However your video card should be fine.

You might want to try updating your video card drivers if they are old, see if that helps at all.

chartwise
09-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks i'll give it a try.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum