View Full Version : New forum?

Acecool
10-06-2003, 09:26 AM
How about a Visual Basic forum?

VB can be used for web apps so? :-)

liorean
10-06-2003, 11:09 AM
The question is, would it get that much traffic that it's worth adding, or does ASP or other serverside issues forums catch that?

Spookster
10-06-2003, 03:53 PM
A lot of languages can be used for web apps but they all don't warrarant their own forum. Any Visual Basic questions can be posted in the programming forum.

oracleguy
10-06-2003, 05:52 PM
And ASP .net questions can be asked in the ASP forum.

bcarl314
10-06-2003, 07:42 PM
I don't know, I've always thought of the ASP forum to be synonomus with VB. I've tried posting SSJS questions (Server side Javascript) because that too is ASP and received very little in responses.

I don't see a need to have a VB forum.

Spookster
10-06-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by bcarl314
I don't know, I've always thought of the ASP forum to be synonomus with VB. I've tried posting SSJS questions (Server side Javascript) because that too is ASP and received very little in responses.

I don't see a need to have a VB forum.

Are you confusing VB with VBScript?

WA
10-06-2003, 10:38 PM
I'm waiting for the release of VB3 before making any structural changes to CF, which should be December of this year. On the topic of change, stay tuned in the next 2-3 weeks- I've been working away on an extension site to CF that will feature tips and tutorials on various web programming languages. Members will be able to submit content of their own for possible inclusion.

bcarl314
10-10-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Spookster
Are you confusing VB with VBScript?

Yes, actually I was but now that you mention that flaw in my arguement, let me augment it...

IF we have a VB (not Script) forum, we should also add a Java (not script) forum as I have seen a significant amount of Java (not script) questions in other areas. And why stop there? Perhaps other forums to consider...

Shell scripting
C
C++
Linux
Apache only
IIS only
Oracle
SQL Server

In fact, maybe make a whole new forum arrangement....

DATABASE SERVERS
- mySQL
- PostGre
- Oracle
- SQL Server

Scripting
- Shell
- PHP
- PERL
- ASP

PROGRAMMING
- VB
- Java
- C
- C++

WEB SERVERS
- IIS
- Apache

OPERATING SYSTEMS
- Linux
- Windows
- Mac

Just my 2 cents

sitami
01-30-2004, 12:26 PM
i agree .. that would be a lot easier to use especially as all the major issues will be properly categorised

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum