View Full Version : Help with home made script (?)

vkidv
10-05-2003, 10:48 PM
Im having problems with a script i made; Please dont mock the script's contents, But i need some help:

<html>
<script language="javascript">
function click2(website) {
var stay=confirm("LINKPRO:\nYou clicked a link! Which goes away from PokÚPage 341. We do not control the contents of the page you are navigating to.\nIt is not our

responsibilty of the contents of the page.\n-*Click OK to continue to the website.\n-*Click CANCEL to stay at PokÚPage341\n**Quick Check: The Address/link you click is:

"+website+" . **")

if (!stay) {alert("The PokÚPage 341 Team\nKeeping the web safe.\nEmail:safety@pokepage341.cjb.net") }
if (stay) { openme=window.open(website) }
}
function linkpro{} {
alert("Link-Pro\nIs to protect links that we do not control the content.\nVisit: http://www.geocities.com/vleaderv/linkpro for more infomation")
}
</script>
<a href="javascript:click2(http://www.someoutsidesite.com);"><i><h6>Link-Pro ON</i></h6></a>
</html>

What i want to happen is when a certain links (i choose) are pressed this little thing comes up saying if you want to leave the site. But only for the outsider links.

I cant type much, its my bed time.

Please help, Thanks :D

shlagish
10-06-2003, 01:43 AM
And it doesn't work?

What does it do instead of working?

JohnKrutsch
10-06-2003, 02:01 AM
I see three things right off:

1. you have link breaks in your stay variable
2. you use curly braces instead of parenthesis in your declaration of the linkpro function
3. you have a space in the word javascript in your a tag.

Fix those then see where you are at.

JohnKrutsch
10-06-2003, 02:04 AM
Ok, how about a forth thing:

4. you do not have the website within quotes when you use it as an argument while calling the click2 function.

vkidv
10-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by JohnKrutsch
I see three things right off:

1. you have link breaks in your stay variable
2. you use curly braces instead of parenthesis in your declaration of the linkpro function
3. you have a space in the word javascript in your a tag.

Fix those then see where you are at.

uhh thanks, i did not notice that :'(

i'll try fix it now.

thanks for your help.

it was not doing anything; only an error :'(

shlagish
10-07-2003, 03:40 AM
Once you've done the changes, tell us if it still doesn't work

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum