View Full Version : Hello - Programming Question

Sowtis
08-31-2012, 05:37 PM
So, this is my first post. Not sure how active I will be in here, it depends if I get back into coding as a hobby.

Long time ago, I tried making an RPG style game. I worked on it in Flash, I was able to do graphics and code on one program which was nice. But it is not that powerful to my understanding.

I wanted to ask, what kind of coding should I use if I want to make a game that loads in your web browser? I liked Flash because I could easily throw it right on the web page and it would load up no problem. I want the game to save your file on an account on my web server (if I were to make this game) so you could come back from any pc and load up your progress.

Java? C++? Other?
I don't know much about other languages, but I've taken a class in high school and I dominated. I learned HTML and very beginner PHP when I was like, 11. I can catch on quick.

Thanks guys

Sowtis
08-31-2012, 06:23 PM
PLEASE READ:

After some more research and googling, I've come to find that Actionscript isn't too bad for what I want. I just need the game to save and load information (simple x,y co-ordinates, statuses, etc. so just a bunch of variables and booleans) to continue or save game progress. Eventually, I may want to add some PvP or live-world interactions with other players. If I were to make a faster real-time server to show other players and whatnot that would be cool.

So, my question now, is what languages, other than actionscript, would I be using if I want to save and load a bunch of variables and booleans through my web browser game? Some tutorial(s) could help, just to give and receive info through actionscript.

Thanks

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum