View Full Version : Best Code Editors Available

username85
08-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Hey all,

I'm currently looking for a new code editor since the ones I'm using don't have the featured I would like.

The ones I use are Programmers Notepad which is pretty good overall and CONText which I only use cause I can't open two Programmers at the same time and I don't like changing windows back and forth.

Anyway, I was wondering what everyone's favourite editors are and what your experiences have been with them.

-Rafal

gelee
08-19-2012, 04:18 PM
I recommend Borland C++. That's what
we use in our computer laboratories
in school and I experienced many calculations.
It sounds so hard for me but when you analyze
each code you can easily understand it. Hope
you learned something. thanks! Good day!

username85
08-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the replies, I will be checking Borland C++ later today.

Also, do you know if there is any editor out there that lets you make font bold/italic/underline with a right click option? Highlight, right click and select b/i/u?

Also, same question as above that lets you customize the right click options, say for example add a '<br />' or a '&nbsp;' option to reduce typing? These are the two features I am looking for.

-Rafal

Slushy
08-23-2012, 08:07 PM
The one that I use personally and works GREAT is Komodo Edit. It will read hundreds of different languages and gives suggestions/completes the code. I highly recommend this. And the best part is, it's free! For an example of how helpful it is, say you are typing in your code, a dropdown window pops up and gives multiple suggestions of what you are trying to type, then you just click/press enter on the one you would like, and boom! It types in the code for you. Also, if a piece of code you previously typed in is not in correct format or doesnt even exist, it puts a red line under it to let you know.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum