View Full Version : Best Code Editors Available

08-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Hey all,

I'm currently looking for a new code editor since the ones I'm using don't have the featured I would like.

The ones I use are Programmers Notepad which is pretty good overall and CONText which I only use cause I can't open two Programmers at the same time and I don't like changing windows back and forth.

Anyway, I was wondering what everyone's favourite editors are and what your experiences have been with them.

08-19-2012, 05:18 PM
I recommend Borland C++. That's what
we use in our computer laboratories
in school and I experienced many calculations.
It sounds so hard for me but when you analyze
each code you can easily understand it. Hope
you learned something. thanks! Good day!

Discover more about fencing (http://sunshinefencing.co.nz/)

08-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the replies, I will be checking Borland C++ later today.

Also, do you know if there is any editor out there that lets you make font bold/italic/underline with a right click option? Highlight, right click and select b/i/u?

Also, same question as above that lets you customize the right click options, say for example add a '<br />' or a '&nbsp;' option to reduce typing? These are the two features I am looking for.

08-23-2012, 09:07 PM
The one that I use personally and works GREAT is Komodo Edit. It will read hundreds of different languages and gives suggestions/completes the code. I highly recommend this. And the best part is, it's free! For an example of how helpful it is, say you are typing in your code, a dropdown window pops up and gives multiple suggestions of what you are trying to type, then you just click/press enter on the one you would like, and boom! It types in the code for you. Also, if a piece of code you previously typed in is not in correct format or doesnt even exist, it puts a red line under it to let you know.