View Full Version : XP unlock screen after screen saver

tangoforce
08-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi all

Having reformatted my netbook recently and started reinstalling my software I am being plagued by a really annoying feature that has never happened before.

My screen saver is set to ask for a password when I resume. No big deal normally however since yesterday it now gives me a prompt saying that only me or an admin can unlock this computer INSTEAD OF the login screen where you can click on a username.

Yes, I have fast user switching enabled
Yes I have the login/welcome screen box checked in the users app of the control panel.

This has only started happening yesterday and its driving me nuts. I hate the prompt and want my login screen back. I get the login when resuming from hibernation but not from resuming from the screen saver.

Anyone know how to fix this odd peculiarity? - The system is using the welcome screen setting for resuming from hibernation and ignoring it for resuming from the screen saver.

tangoforce
08-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Nevermind, I've found out what causes this. Apparently (according to another website) when you install the .net framework it creates another hidden user which triggers XP to display the welcome page instead of the prompt.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum