View Full Version : New website, Shop/store

sosagotthat
08-06-2012, 05:00 AM
I'm creating this new website store for my father, I am sort-of a novice but he just really needs a store for his small business. The problem is he's only selling one product with alot of different colors, He just wants to make it so if he can click on a color and it will show the product in that color. But I will need to be able to know what color the customer picked, is this possible to do without creating a a different html for each one?

tempz
08-06-2012, 05:26 AM
You could use a PHP records what colour the user clicked on using numbers, lets say

Black = 1
White = 2
Red = 3

Then you array these or what colours you have, then when the user selects the colour.

http://www.mywebsite.com/store/product.php?id=1&color=1

It will record it and send it to a text file, you can include into an admin panel

using

<?php
include("http://example.com/examples/counts.txt");
?>

You understand? I hope this helped in some way!

VIPStephan
08-06-2012, 11:43 AM
sosagotthat, be aware that an online store is a lot more than just a page where the product is displayed. You need at least an order confirmation page, a shipping/address form for the customer, and some kind of payment options. And this involves more than just static HTML pages, you need at least a server side script (e. g. PHP) to process the information, possibly even a database for storage and retreival of the information/input.

Of course, if you’re just asking the customers to contact the vendor via e-mail an HTML page might suffice but I’ll tell you that it won’t generate a lot of sales like that. You need to make it most comfortable for people, and the most comfortable way is still to fill out a form and have a full overview over what has been ordered and which costs are due at any stage of the ordering process.

sosagotthat
08-06-2012, 06:33 PM
ok, well how do i set up a form for them?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum