View Full Version : Which one is a good Free Hosting

cryoffalcon
08-05-2012, 03:39 AM
Hi,
I spent 6 hours doing research on free hosting, read 100s of reviews and still didn't reach any conclusion. I want to use a free hosting that has a reliable uptime and don't show downtimes, I know what I am saying doesn't make sense as I am talking about free but I think if visitors are less so something like that should be available.
I have hostgator but at that account I did a mistake and purchased the hatchling which only support 1 domain, so now I want to make another site which will have few visitors, can someone tell me honestly which free service is good, below is the list of names that I heard around internet, can someone tell me one name and give me a reason why?

servers free
zymic
000webhosting
3owl
host-ed
awardspace

myfayt
08-05-2012, 01:32 PM
No free service is good, they aren't reliable or have a good track record of uptime. Also your web url is going to look like this: www.freehosting.mypage.com

hostmonster is the best you can do for a best hosting company. Why are you against paying for one?

joshmcbride
08-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Personally I would recommend using Awardspace, Thats where I started, and managed to use their databases and e-mail servers and found them great! You only get 500mb Traffic as far as I can remember, but its still a high quality service. Also when i've had a query regarding their services, I've used their 'Ticket Service' and they have always replied within 15 minutes, even on Christmas Day!

I still use Awardspace and would always recommend them to either a novice or veteran web developer!

myfayt
08-06-2012, 02:18 AM
http://www.webhostingreviews.com/awardspace-reviews.htm

pawpoint
08-06-2012, 10:49 AM
I use Ipage. It is cheap and quite reliable. You also get lots of freebies when you sign up. The first six months is $1.99 per month (i think) then it goes up to $3.99. If you need noer than 6 pages it is about $15 / 10

Webgirl
08-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Try this freehosting (FreeWebHostingArea.com) I have been with them for more than 10 years and never had a problem. You can host your domain there.

waxdoc
08-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm a big fan of http://www.doteasy.com and have used their FREE hosting for numerous sites for many years with absolute satisfaction. The hosting is FREE when you register your URL through them for about $45 for 2 years. I feel the URL registration fee is competitive.

I'm looking for a TOTALLY free DEMO host so will check out the above references.

Coding Start
08-07-2012, 05:44 AM
Why you want free hosting? I think free hosting will never give you the best performance. You can take hosting with cheap price or take basic hosting plans.

myfayt
08-07-2012, 12:26 PM
I use Ipage. It is cheap and quite reliable. You also get lots of freebies when you sign up. The first six months is $1.99 per month (i think) then it goes up to $3.99. If you need noer than 6 pages it is about $15 / 10

I've used ipage, their control panel is horrible and very slow servers. I give them a 4 out of 10.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum