PDA

View Full Version : I don't know

mikedahslr
07-25-2002, 07:59 PM
Well yesterday I got a shopping cart for my website and the only you can make a payment is through a phone call! I was wondering if someone can help me set an credit card thing so I can have my customers pay for my service through there credit card and have the money go into my account? Please help me

gjones2562
07-25-2002, 09:07 PM
Mike:

The most secured way of accepting credit cards is using a service like
PayPal which will allow the money to go directly into your account. You should also be sure to use some kind of encryption method such as Verisign and they may be cheaper one's that will add security to your site so credit cards are encrypted.

Hope this helps.

Feyd
07-26-2002, 12:23 AM
Maybe you were just experimenting with the polling options, or some too-quick keystrokes, but the poll served no purpose regardless, thus the poll has been closed.

Also, check with your host regarding any SSL or ecommerce capabilities they may be able to provide you. PayPal is not exactly the most secured way of anything, but it is one option. You can try others like authorizenet, or just get a merchant account you can process your SSL site into...but check with your host first, most of them provide very good ecommerce capabilities.

Also, as this has really doesn't have anything to do with PERL/CGI as yet, I may move the thread to the general server side forum in the future. (you may end up using a different application that does not utilize PERL, so who knows).

Shift4Sms
07-26-2002, 06:34 PM
What server side scripting do you have available? While various credit card gateway solutions out there can accomidate client side HTTP redirects (including ours -- see link below), direct server side API's are much more secure and less susceptible to hacking.