View Full Version : Form and CGI Script

gjones2562
07-25-2002, 08:42 PM
Hello, first off, you guys are great... you help me so much - and I certainly thank you!!

My question:

I have a form on my ecommerce site, it's actually a credit application. When a customer completes this it sent using this method:

<form
action="mailto:Jane_Doe@acompany.com?subject=CreditApplication"
method="POST" enctype="Text/Plain"
name="Credit Application" target=">

<input type="Submit" value="Submit" onClick="redirect();">

I use a Windows NT Server, that is an Apache HTTPS server and my companys mail is Lotus Notes. Can anyone provide suggestions on the best scripts or how to write a script that will format the information on my form.

When I receive a form now via email it looks like this:

Month=January
Day=12
Issued To=
Firm Name=
textfieldName=My Company
textfieldName=Corporation
Street Address=123 Maint Street
CITY=Statesville
STATE=NC
ZIP=28677
PHONE=704-871-9652
FAX=704-875-9696
COMMENTS=
type of business=CORPORATION
FED. TAX #=
MARITAL STATUS=DIVORCED
HelloWorld=social
DEBTOR=
SOCIAL SECURITY #=
hiddenName=hiddenValue
TYPE OF BUSINESS1=

I want to be able to capture the fields in a better format and I was told a server side script could do that for me.

A new programmer here, so I'm clueless.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
GJones

Shift4Sms
07-26-2002, 07:27 PM
Since e-mail is not secure, it would be safer to store the information server side and simply e-mail a message that a credit application has been saved.

There are a whole mess of factors here and while it is not that difficult to do what you initially invisioned, to make is "secure" is going to take a lot of work.

Here is a link to a thread that starts to answer your question, there are probably more: Having a Form print instead of email (http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=2483)

Hope that helps...

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum