View Full Version : Looking for a very simple php / mysql based image gallery.

Tyrion
07-31-2012, 04:30 AM
As the title says, I'm looking for a very simple image gallery script. I simply want something to display a certain amount of thumbnails in a grid like pattern (and be able to upload pictures from the website). A good example of this would be here : http://www.norrisembry.com/online_collection.html . That's really exactly what I'm looking for.. 3 per row, and probably 3 columns.

I've found some gallery scripts online but they're all super complicated and have tons of files. Would anyone know of a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Nile
07-31-2012, 06:23 AM
What does your database look like?

daneth
08-01-2012, 03:17 PM
PHP has nothing to do with the layout and style of your page.
It is actually very simple if you have a record in your database of all the images you want in your gallery.

Just loop the results and display the images in any gallery.
An easy one to work with is lightbox.

DrDOS
08-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Just loop the results and display the images in any gallery.
An easy one to work with is lightbox.
I'm no fan of lightbox. It uses divs in strange ways that make it hard to integrate with other parts of a page, it's deliberately slow, if your real interest is seeing the images. If your interest is making the page look 'sophisticated' so people will think highly of your site and business, then it's OK. But if you just want to look at pictures with few distractions it's not so good.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum