View Full Version : Hidden HTML - AjaXplorer

07-27-2012, 06:02 PM
I've been recently modifying my installed copy of AjaXplorer, and I've made a discovery. The main HTML comes into play from a file called gui.html. When I view the file in firebug I see all sorts of HTML that isn't anywhere in the file! I don't see any scripts being called into play that contain this hidden coding - any idea of how this might be accomplished - I want to undo this so I can properly modify my version.

07-27-2012, 08:14 PM
It could be compiled, not usual for an .html but Microsoft used to use .chf files for the help files, it means compiled help file.

07-27-2012, 11:26 PM
There's no .chf files anywhere on the server

07-31-2012, 10:06 PM
I found the solution!

The HTML regarding the specific elements that "disappeared" was actually a part of three different java scripts - therefore if someone found one part and edited it - then there would still be deeper references to revert the changes.

AjaXplorer is a complicated little bugger, but with this discovery - one could in theory modify both the Boot Credits and the footer tag.

Not that I'd violate a AGPL license (Seriously, who uses an AGPL license) but in theory this could be accomplished this way. But to prevent potential license violation, I will not be revealing the specific file names within this post.