View Full Version : HELP! Doesn't work in IE. Were supposed to launch yesterday!

operapixie
07-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Here's the site we're working on. There's a slideshow at the top of the page, but we just discovered last night that it completely doesn't appear in IE. We just added what we thought was fallback code so it would work, but still no luck.

Can anyone assist? Here's (http://dev.brotskydesigns.com/smiletv/#home) the development site.

Thanks in advance.

~Laura

Calvert Tripesi
07-20-2012, 09:59 PM
All you had to do was use the error console, 'Developer'.

$(document).ready( <-You haven't closed that.

operapixie
07-20-2012, 10:08 PM
It's closed. Not sure what you're referring to that *wouldn't* be closed. Could you please confirm that you're looking at line 57?

Thanks.

Calvert Tripesi
07-20-2012, 10:45 PM
It's closed. Not sure what you're referring to that *wouldn't* be closed. Could you please confirm that you're looking at line 57?

Thanks.

Yes - should be a function call to which a function body is being passed as the sole parameter, but the statement isn't complete. Use the error console.

Old Pedant
07-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Man, that page takes *FOREVER* to load! In any browser.

I really hate these "cutesy" sites that put everything in one page like that. I usually give up waiting for them to load.

ANYWAY... In MSIE 9, at least, the page seems to work adequately.

Old Pedant
07-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Man, that page takes *FOREVER* to load! In any browser.

I really hate these "cutesy" sites that put everything in one page like that. I usually give up waiting for them to load.

ANYWAY... In MSIE 9, at least, the page seems to work adequately.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum