View Full Version : Looking to create an auto update table

THEM4VR1CKM00SE
07-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Hey, i currently run a fifa 12 online league, and on my website i have to do it all manually, im looking for a way so that i have a league table, and next to the teams fixtures, will be 2 dropdown boxes, that have numbers in, you can click the boxes to get the correct score, then click submit, then it will auto update the table ? Is there any way of doing this, or can someone help me ?

The image below is of the result been edited, i have it on my forum, i just dont know how to set it all up so it will update!

http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/17/34/58/57/button10.png

connormcwood
07-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Hey, i currently run a fifa 12 online league, and on my website i have to do it all manually, im looking for a way so that i have a league table, and next to the teams fixtures, will be 2 dropdown boxes, that have numbers in, you can click the boxes to get the correct score, then click submit, then it will auto update the table ? Is there any way of doing this, or can someone help me ?

The image below is of the result been edited, i have it on my forum, i just dont know how to set it all up so it will update!

http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/17/34/58/57/button10.png
Best start learning php. Use mysql for the table..

Edit : Yes there is a way to do this you'd need to set up a table called results and everytime a team players you'd have a column called h and a, standing for home and away. Then you would ecoh out the result if there is a value and if not you'd echo out "------" as you have above. You could also make a System to make it so say you login and instead of manual changing the database you log in and do it. Its not that, you just need to know what you're doing and have some experience

THEM4VR1CKM00SE
07-19-2012, 04:50 PM
could you link me with the best download for mysql and does it cost ? and a decceent server for php :)

connormcwood
07-19-2012, 04:52 PM
could you link me with the best download for mysql and does it cost ? and a decceent server for php :)
Mysql comes with your hosting services. You're using a paid host right? which allows Php..?

THEM4VR1CKM00SE
07-19-2012, 05:50 PM
i dont run my site on one of these, its on forumotion.com

connormcwood
07-19-2012, 06:00 PM
i dont run my site on one of these, its on forumotion.com
You can only do it if they allow php and you have access to the mysql database. For now download xampp and use that.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum