View Full Version : Setting a checkbox to null???

07-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right forum to post to but here goes:

I have a form which posts some values that are used in a query. Some of my form fields are checkboxes. If a box is checked then the query returns records where that box is checked, otherwise it returns all of the records for that checkbox (checked or unchecked). My problem is that if the user runs the query again and unchecks a previously checked box, the query returns records as if that box were still checked.

I tried setting a "triple-state" checkbox as described on another site but that did not work. I also tried creating a "reset form" button but no luck.

Any help is always appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

07-13-2012, 08:04 PM
If the checkbox is not checked, it does not exist in the form object when submitted, so there has to be something else caching or otherwise remembering that element. Is the form being submit GET or POST?

07-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Hi WolfShade,

Yes, the form fields are being POSTed to session varibles. I did this so that I could get recordset paging to work for my query results. I prefer not to use session variables but this is the only way I could get the paging to work.

Old Pedant
07-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Okay, so this has NOTHING to do with JavaSript and EVERYTHING to do with errors in your server-side coding. So post to the forum that covers the server-side language you are using.

And when you do so, POST YOUR CODE. Nobody can guess what your bug is when you don't show your code.

07-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Will do.