View Full Version : Youtube video control

07-12-2012, 06:51 PM

Thanks for reading! I would like to control a Youtube video by javascript on the Youtube website itself (not embedded). I know there is a Youtube API to control embedded video's but, its not working on the Youtube website it self.

If you wonder why I want this, its because I have a webbrowser control inside my C# application. When a user uses my application and visites the website Youtube I would like the user to be able to control the play/stop/pause from my application rather then the webbrowser flash.

I tried to use the Youtube API like this:

But it only works with embedded versions. Also I've looked at Greasemonkey scripts but I can't get it to work.

Can someone please help me? Thanks

Kind reguards,

07-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Buy YouTube from Google and you can do whatever you want with it. Until then you have to get used to the fact that you can’t influence remote sites.

07-12-2012, 09:24 PM
@VIPStephan, sorry what part of your awsner is relevant for a solution to my question? If you don't have anything relevant to say, please don't post anything.

07-12-2012, 09:37 PM
VIPStephen is talking total sense

07-12-2012, 09:41 PM
@nomanic, I didn't say it doesn't make any sence. I just expect javascript awnsers inside a javascript forum category, doesn't that make any sence?

07-12-2012, 09:58 PM
OK, I give you a JavaScript solution:

07-12-2012, 10:11 PM
@VIPStephan, sorry that only shows a alert window. If you still think this can help me, you should check out the basics of javascript here http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_popup.asp.

I think I need to invoke a already existing function that Youtube uses. Can somebody else help me please?