View Full Version : Youtube video control

Feonx
07-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Hello,

Thanks for reading! I would like to control a Youtube video by javascript on the Youtube website itself (not embedded). I know there is a Youtube API to control embedded video's but, its not working on the Youtube website it self.

If you wonder why I want this, its because I have a webbrowser control inside my C# application. When a user uses my application and visites the website Youtube I would like the user to be able to control the play/stop/pause from my application rather then the webbrowser flash.

I tried to use the Youtube API like this:

window.getElementById("movie_player").playVideo();

But it only works with embedded versions. Also I've looked at Greasemonkey scripts but I can't get it to work.

Can someone please help me? Thanks

Kind reguards,

Mike

VIPStephan
07-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Buy YouTube from Google and you can do whatever you want with it. Until then you have to get used to the fact that you can’t influence remote sites.

Feonx
07-12-2012, 09:24 PM
@VIPStephan, sorry what part of your awsner is relevant for a solution to my question? If you don't have anything relevant to say, please don't post anything.

nomanic
07-12-2012, 09:37 PM
VIPStephen is talking total sense

Feonx
07-12-2012, 09:41 PM
@nomanic, I didn't say it doesn't make any sence. I just expect javascript awnsers inside a javascript forum category, doesn't that make any sence?

VIPStephan
07-12-2012, 09:58 PM
OK, I give you a JavaScript solution:

alert('Impossible!');

Feonx
07-12-2012, 10:11 PM
@VIPStephan, sorry that only shows a alert window. If you still think this can help me, you should check out the basics of javascript here http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_popup.asp.

I think I need to invoke a already existing function that Youtube uses. Can somebody else help me please?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum