View Full Version : defult value appears when a textbox is enabled

Razzy
07-09-2012, 07:35 PM
hey people,

i have four radio button options, with 4 textboxes linked to each of the radio button, the textboxes are disabled until a radio button is selected. when a particular radio button is selected, the textbox to which the selected radio button is linked is enabled, im trying have a default value setup for one of the textboxes, so if the radio button is selected, the textbox should show a a default value as soon as it is enabled

the coding so far is shown below:

<td>

&bull; Lamb Ribs<input type="hidden" id="lamb7" value="4.99"/>
<br/>
Price: 4.99 per KG
</td>
<td bgcolor="green">
</td>
<td align="right" width="200px">
<input type="radio" name="lambR" onclick="lRibs(1)"/>in KG: <input type="text" name="lambRibs1" id="lambRibs1" size="2" value="" disabled="disabled"/>
<br/>
<br/>
<input type="radio" name="lambR" onclick="lRibs(2)"/>in lbs: <input type="text" name="lambRibs2" id="lambRibs2" size="2" value="" disabled="disabled"/>
<br/>
<br/>
<input type="radio" name="lambR" onclick="lRibs(3)"/>in money: <input type="text" name="lambRibs3" id="lambRibs3" size="4" value="00.00" disabled="disabled"/>
<br/>
<br/>
<input type="radio" name="lambR" onclick="lRibs(4)"/>quantity: <input type="text" name="lambRibs4" id="lambRibs4" size="2" value="" disabled="disabled"/>

<script type = "text/javascript">

function lRibs (which) {
var len = document.forms[0].lambR.length; // how many radio buttons in group?
for (var i =1; i<=len; i++) { // for all the textboxes
document.forms[0]["lambRibs" + i].value = ""; // clear the field
document.forms[0]["lambRibs" + i].disabled = true; // disable the textbox
}
document.forms[0]["lambRibs" + which].disabled = false; // enable selected textbox
}

</script>
</td>

the radio button option that i am concerned with regarding the default value is:

<input type="radio" name="lambR" onclick="lRibs(3)"/>in money: <input type="text" name="lambRibs3" id="lambRibs3" size="4" value="00.00" disabled="disabled"/>

i placed the value 00.00 on the textbox, however when i select the radio button, it is blank.

would reallly appreciate it if someone could help

Old Pedant
07-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Ummm....

In *YOUR* code:

document.forms[0]["lambRibs" + i].value = ""; // clear the field

Why are you surprised that it is blank when you force it to be?

Razzy
07-09-2012, 08:32 PM
lol wow thank for that :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum