View Full Version : Simple Ticketing system

07-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Hi, I'm trying to create a simple ticketing system with ASP.NET MVC (C#) as a first project (seems simple enough I guess).

I followed this tutorial from Microsoft's http://www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials/getting-started-with-aspnet-mvc3/cs/intro-to-aspnet-mvc-3 And used it to create a page where customers can be added

Now that I have a simple system to add and edit customers, I need to be able to 'create a ticket' for a customer. I figured I'd do the same thing, just for tickets, but that just gets me a page to create customers and a page to create tickets, but no way to 'link' a ticket to a customer/customer ID

I want to be able to 'create a ticket' from the customer details page.

I'm sure this is very very simple to do, I'm just new to it and I've been googling for days without finding what i need. I just need pointed in the right direction so i can take that and run with it

Thanks in advance if you can help me!

07-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Yes, this is very simple. You can simply pass customerid via querystring like

And then in ticket add page, just set this querystring customerid as default customer id.

To get customer id passed in query string
CustomerID = Request("CustomerId")

07-03-2012, 03:20 AM
Awesome, i'm trying it now to see if I can get something to work. Do I need to do anything with the databases? Thanks again!