View Full Version : Simple Ticketing system

Rickyb
07-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Hi, I'm trying to create a simple ticketing system with ASP.NET MVC (C#) as a first project (seems simple enough I guess).

I followed this tutorial from Microsoft's http://www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials/getting-started-with-aspnet-mvc3/cs/intro-to-aspnet-mvc-3 And used it to create a page where customers can be added

Now that I have a simple system to add and edit customers, I need to be able to 'create a ticket' for a customer. I figured I'd do the same thing, just for tickets, but that just gets me a page to create customers and a page to create tickets, but no way to 'link' a ticket to a customer/customer ID

I want to be able to 'create a ticket' from the customer details page.

I'm sure this is very very simple to do, I'm just new to it and I've been googling for days without finding what i need. I just need pointed in the right direction so i can take that and run with it

Thanks in advance if you can help me!

livetecshosting
07-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Yes, this is very simple. You can simply pass customerid via querystring like
CreateTicket.aspx?CustomerID=5

And then in ticket add page, just set this querystring customerid as default customer id.

To get customer id passed in query string
CustomerID = Request("CustomerId")

Thanks

Rickyb
07-03-2012, 02:20 AM
Awesome, i'm trying it now to see if I can get something to work. Do I need to do anything with the databases? Thanks again!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum