View Full Version : Flash Movie not working in IE (works in FF, Chrome etc...)

06-28-2012, 07:08 AM
Im working on my website, and I got a lot done today.
I then decided to test it in Internet Explorer, and that's when I realized that my flash file is not working in Internet Explorer. It just shows a big white box.

I didn't upload the rest of the website yet online, because when I realized that the flash was broke in IE, I stopped.

So here is the basic page:

Like I said, there is a lot of code / pages missing because I didn't upload what I worked on today. But the flash part was done (so I thought).

I can't figure out why the flash will not play in IE, Can anyone help me out?

Thanks a lot,

06-28-2012, 11:11 PM
I think you have to pass pixels in IE ('width' = '1200px') as width/height parameters. Try some hardcoded values and see what happens.

06-29-2012, 08:34 PM
alright, I tried to change all the values to include px.

else if ((screen.width == '1440px') && (screen.height == '900px')) etc.

But it made it act real strange. It still worked in Chrome/Firefox, but it changed the size of flash movie really skinny. And it still didn't show up in Internet Explorer.

The weird part is, it isn't my code. I needed a code that would resize the flash movie per screen resolution, and I found this website that explained it, and provided the code for you. http://www.flashscript.biz/utilities/screen_change/screen_change_2.html

But their's works in Internet Explorer, mine doesn't. Even though its essentially the same code. I didn't change much except the sizes, and the .swf file and all of that.