View Full Version : Justifying paragraphs

Jemdt
06-14-2012, 10:06 PM
My code is as followed:

<div style="position:absolute; text-align:center; top:220px; left:410px; width:200px; height:25px">

<font face="Lucida Calligraphy" size="3px"><p>Welcome&nbsp;to&nbsp;Craftvision's&nbsp;webpage!</p>
<p align="justify">Craftvision&nbsp;is&nbsp;a&nbsp;brand&nbsp;new&nbsp;Minecraft&nbsp;Server&nbsp;that&nbsp;is&nbsp;currently&nbsp;in&nbsp;a&nbsp;heavy&nbsp;
construction&nbsp;stage.&nbsp;If&nbsp;you're&nbsp;looking&nbsp;for&nbsp;a&nbsp;server&nbsp;that's&nbsp;going&nbsp;to&nbsp;
change&nbsp;the&nbsp;&nbsp;you&nbsp;look&nbsp;at&nbsp;Minecraft,&nbsp;then&nbsp;you've&nbsp;come&nbsp;to&nbsp;the&nbsp;
wrong&nbsp;place.&nbsp;Our&nbsp;server&nbsp;is&nbsp;all&nbsp;about&nbsp;creating&nbsp;a&nbsp;
dynamic&nbsp;community&nbsp;and&nbsp;giving&nbsp;anyone&nbsp;the&nbsp;ability&nbsp;to&nbsp;do&nbsp;whatever
they&nbsp;want.</p>
</div>

As you can see, if you open this on your internet explorer or whatever, the paragraph isn't justified. I'd like the paragraph to be justified in to one neat "block of text" (a traditional paragraph).

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks.

calsta
06-14-2012, 10:22 PM
it is in a paragraph?

My code is as followed:

<div style="position:absolute; text-align:center; top:220px; left:410px; width:200px; height:25px">

<font face="Lucida Calligraphy" size="3px"><p>Welcome&nbsp;to&nbsp;Craftvision's&nbsp;webpage!</p>
<p align="justify">Craftvision&nbsp;is&nbsp;a&nbsp;brand&nbsp;new&nbsp;Minecraft&nbsp;Server&nbsp;that&nbsp;is&nbsp;currently&nbsp;in&nbsp;a&nbsp;heavy&nbsp;
construction&nbsp;stage.&nbsp;If&nbsp;you're&nbsp;looking&nbsp;for&nbsp;a&nbsp;server&nbsp;that's&nbsp;going&nbsp;to&nbsp;
change&nbsp;the&nbsp;&nbsp;you&nbsp;look&nbsp;at&nbsp;Minecraft,&nbsp;then&nbsp;you've&nbsp;come&nbsp;to&nbsp;the&nbsp;
wrong&nbsp;place.&nbsp;Our&nbsp;server&nbsp;is&nbsp;all&nbsp;about&nbsp;creating&nbsp;a&nbsp;
dynamic&nbsp;community&nbsp;and&nbsp;giving&nbsp;anyone&nbsp;the&nbsp;ability&nbsp;to&nbsp;do&nbsp;whatever
they&nbsp;want.</p>
</div>

As you can see, if you open this on your internet explorer or whatever, the paragraph isn't justified. I'd like the paragraph to be justified in to one neat "block of text" (a traditional paragraph).

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks.

calsta
06-14-2012, 10:28 PM
ooooh sorry i see what you mean, i just re wrote it, here i think this fixes your problem :)
<div style="position:absolute; text-align:justify; top:84px; left:289px; width:561px; height:25px">

<p align="justify">Craftvision is a brand new Minecraft Server that is currently in a heavy construction stage. If you're looking for a server that's going to change the way you look at Minecraft, then you've come to the wrong place. Our server is all about creating a dynamic community and giving anyone the ability to do whatever they want.</p>
</div>

felgall
06-14-2012, 10:46 PM
<font face="Lucida Calligraphy" size="3px"> = obsolete since 1997 - will be overriden by the CSS

align="justify" = obsolete since 1997 - will be overriden by the CSS

The simplest way to fix your problem is to apply the correct CSS to the page to give it the appearance you require.

JumpJump
06-14-2012, 11:13 PM
HTML

<p class="justify">Paragraph</p>

CSS

p.justify {
text-align:justify;
}

Be careful justifying text online, though. It's generally not recommended, as online you can't control the space between words and text and browser consistency, etc nearly as much as you can in print. Unless done with great attention to detail the paragraphs end up plagued with rivers of white space.

Jemdt
06-15-2012, 06:45 PM
The code you gave me doesn't change anything, I just want the paragraph to be in a "block", justifying doesn't appear to do anything at all.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum