View Full Version : Search Box

callumwk
06-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi, I run a website and I would like some HTML code that can scan a page and find words. I'm going to use it as a search box. So, like Google, but instead of searching the world wide web, I only want it to search my site. Or, if it is easier, just searching one page. But I need to know what bit to change to make it do other pages. It is a web based website, so I have no files saved to my computer, so it has to be able to scan online.

If any of this is possible or you can code something very similar. Please, let me know!

Thanks

Callumwk

aaronhockey_09
06-12-2012, 04:59 PM
check this link out
you can't just do it with HTML, you need some sort of back end to do the actual search
http://www.codestore.net/store.nsf/unid/DOMM-4X9LG3

bundled
06-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Hi, I run a website and I would like some HTML code that can scan a page and find words. I'm going to use it as a search box. So, like Google, but instead of searching the world wide web, I only want it to search my site. Or, if it is easier, just searching one page. But I need to know what bit to change to make it do other pages. It is a web based website, so I have no files saved to my computer, so it has to be able to scan online.

You can use google custom search:
www.google.com/cse/

You can put in your site in the custom search. and google will provide you with simple script.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum