View Full Version : hello, complete CSS newbie needs help

michalis
06-08-2012, 03:29 PM
ok so I use joomla if that makes any difference

so I have the header div, the menu div

where I have the problem is the main div

it consists of the main content div and the sidebar div

the background was white but I wanted to make the sidebar stand out so I changed the background color to grey, as long as the main content and the sidebar content have the same height or the sidebar is taller there is no problem, but when the main content is taller than the sidebar, then the sidebar background stops being grey where the sidebar content ends(the content is usually joomla modules)

I set the sidebar height to 100% but nothing

is there any way to tell the background color to keep goin until it reaches the end of the main div?

ChrisTrader
06-08-2012, 03:37 PM
ok so I use joomla if that makes any difference

so I have the header div, the menu div

where I have the problem is the main div

it consists of the main content div and the sidebar div

the background was white but I wanted to make the sidebar stand out so I changed the background color to grey, as long as the main content and the sidebar content have the same height or the sidebar is taller there is no problem, but when the main content is taller than the sidebar, then the sidebar background stops being grey where the sidebar content ends(the content is usually joomla modules)

I set the sidebar height to 100% but nothing

is there any way to tell the background color to keep goin until it reaches the end of the main div?
Maybe you could wrap another container div around your individual side bar div content(modules) . I'm no expert though. Just my opinion.

<div class="sideBarContainer">

<div class="sideBarMo"></div>
<div class="sideBarMoNext"></div>
<div class="sideBarMoEct"></div>

</div>

michalis
06-08-2012, 04:14 PM
hey thanks for replying

just so that I understand you clear, you are suggesting I put the sidebar div into another container div, and then give this container div the background color I want? any other attributes I should assign to this container?

michalis
06-08-2012, 08:08 PM
im sorry I didnt manage to do it

here is the link if someone wants to take a look and maybe suggest something

http://podosfairaki.com/forum

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum