View Full Version : Blank area over iFrame

sas91
06-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Hello everyone

I'm new to web coding and experiencing some trouble with the iFrame on my first webpage. I'm using Dreamweaver CS4 and want to remove the space between the menu at top and the iFrame box.

Hope anyone can help me out. I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong category.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8640/picture1copyj.png

Thanks in advance.

abduraooft
06-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Hope anyone can help me out.
May be, but we need to see the complete HTML+CSS of that page Or a link to that page.

Scott R
06-05-2012, 02:48 PM
I believe it is the <p> </p> tag. Many times while i write code and get unknown spaces like this are because of something I have in the page that I do not need such as a paragraph tag or an extra div tag or other various tags. try removing the <p></p> tags and see if that fixes your problem.

badwolf
06-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Yea the empty paragraph tag has a class of "margin". So remove that like Scott R said and you should see the difference. Also I would look in your CSS and find the class named "margin" and remove it since you would normally set your margin per class or id not make it its own class.

Also you should make a class for that first div you have in grey and put your inline styles in to that. Did Dreamweaver add those inline styles like that? I use CS4 as well and have never had it do that before. Although it wouldnt surprise me as that program tends to have some strange quirks. Such as making id's instead of classes in the stylesheet if you use the "from template" setting.

sas91
06-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks guys! You where right, the paragraphs where messing things up.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum