View Full Version : Jump to anchor tag in a frame - Netscape problems

verabug
07-24-2002, 08:14 PM
I have a Flash interface with links to HTML pages. The HTML pages have frames. Each Flash link, when clicked, is supposed to jump to a specific anchor tag in one of the frames.
I've got it working in IE but in Netscape 4.79 and in Netscape 6.2 I'm having problems.
You can observe this here:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~vmf3k/code/files/eq_loader.html?file_to_load=2
As you can see, the anchor tags represent chapter sections: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc. The first few sections seem to work fine, but once you're past, say, .4 Netscape just doesn't go there anymore. I've noticed that the page is never fully loaded. Why? I don't know. But I think that's why it won't jump to that section/anchor tag because it hasn't loaded yet.

Here is my ActionScript.

getURL ("javascript: openWin('" + chapter_file + "', '" + jump_to + "');void(0);");

I'm passing to a Javascript function which chapter page (HTML page with frames) to open and which anchor tag to jump to.
Here is my Javascript.

function changeFrame(url, which_win) {
which_win.mainFrame.location.href = url;
which_win.focus();
clearTimeout(myTimeout);

}
function update(which_win) {
changeFrame(jump_to, which_win);
}
function openWin(frameset, anchorlink) {
jump_to = anchorlink;
eq_window = window.open(frameset, 'eq_window');
myTimeout = setTimeout("update(eq_window);", 2000);
}

I'm already playing it safe and setting a timeOut so that the update function will definitely get called, even if it takes several tries. What can I do to make sure the page has fully loaded before I tell it to jump to the anchor tag, or just to make sure that Netscape understands the anchor tags, period?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum