View Full Version : Regarding Placing Footer Below the Pages Content

Abi89
05-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Dear Users ,
I want my footer to appear directly under the content which is containing the dropbox shawdow , the bottom border of the content has to be shown but the footer should appear below the content , I can have a footer placed in my page but have no idea how to push the footer under the content

Any help regarding this will be useful to me

dan-dan
05-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Code?

Abi89
05-21-2012, 05:58 PM
yes i need the code , i just have done as follows

<body> <div id="pagecontainer"> <div id = "header"> </div> <div id="content"> </div> </div> <div id="footer"> </div> </body>

I want the footer to be placed under the pagecontainer with the pagecontainer's border-bottom done with box shadow visible

dan-dan
05-21-2012, 07:11 PM
By that I actually meant to post all your code and CSS so it's easier for us to see the problem, and therefore help you.

I've not really worked with box shadow, but if it's being covered then try adding the below to your footer's CSS, X being the width of the shadow of the above div:

margin-top: Xpx;

Abi89
05-22-2012, 09:15 AM
#footer
{

position:absolute;
top:718px;
z-index:-1;
width:100%;
left:0;
height:100px;
background: #EDEDED ;

}

now i am able to push the footer underneath the content but i dont want the width of the footer to resize on window resize , the footer width has to be 100% no matter what , and in Internet Explorer am unable to use position :absolute , any help will be greatly appreciated

dan-dan
05-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Can you please post ALL your code.

Abi89
05-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Actually right now i dont have the code ,but its something like this , there is a pagecontainer div which acts like a wrapper for all the contents including header excluding the footer, footer is in a separate div which i will lik to bring underneath the pagecontainer div by using position as absolute and width as 100% ,

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum