View Full Version : Newb here with a newb question on CSS:)

redmanrob
05-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Hey thanks for reading,

To start off, I'm new to the world of CSS, I've been teaching myself for a weeks via YouTube and notepad.

I have a few really cool apps up and running on one of my websites, here's the "newb question of the day":

How do I edit the CSS of an app to size it down vertically, so that my website's header/nav menu and footer will show up on the pages those apps are hosted on?

Just to add a degree of clarification...I have a WordPress site with a few handy PHP/AJAX tools. These tools take up the entire browser when you navigate to them on my site. I'd like to scale them down vertically, so that my header/nav menu and my footer appear above and below these apps. Because good tools aren't very good if you can't navigate back to the rest of the site.

Caliburn
05-16-2012, 05:12 PM
It would help significantly if you could offer a link to your website... or at a minimum screenshots showing what exactly you're talking about. :thumbsup:

Hey thanks for reading,

To start off, I'm new to the world of CSS, I've been teaching myself for a weeks via YouTube and notepad.

I have a few really cool apps up and running on one of my websites, here's the "newb question of the day":

How do I edit the CSS of an app to size it down vertically, so that my website's header/nav menu and footer will show up on the pages those apps are hosted on?

Just to add a degree of clarification...I have a WordPress site with a few handy PHP/AJAX tools. These tools take up the entire browser when you navigate to them on my site. I'd like to scale them down vertically, so that my header/nav menu and my footer appear above and below these apps. Because good tools aren't very good if you can't navigate back to the rest of the site.

redmanrob
05-17-2012, 01:08 AM
It would help significantly if you could offer a link to your website... or at a minimum screenshots showing what exactly you're talking about. :thumbsup:

here you go:

http://www.seo-legion.com/seo-rank/

As you can see, the app takes up the entire browser screen, without showing the header/nav menu or footer of the website it is hosted on.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum