View Full Version : Noob question
09-10-2003, 01:58 PM
Can PHP do this:
1. Let a user upload a file
2. read the file based on offsets defined from a script
3. Create a GUI to modify the file's values
4. Write the values back to the file
5. Send the file back to the user.
I want to make an online editor for specific formats (I have saved games in mind). Can this be done? I'm tired of looking for compilers to make windows apps.
09-10-2003, 02:53 PM
when you say a GUI , do you mean a standalone application or a browser/web based application ? , either way php can do it although they are 2 entirely different things and require different approaches.
09-10-2003, 05:09 PM
And what does section 2 of the Coding Forums penal code say? Oh you didn't read it before posting? Aha!! Could be on to something here. Well I will just quote the pertinent section then:
2) Type in a subject that summarizes your question- A great way to turn off other members wanting to help you is to type an incomplete or silly subject for your post. Examples of poor subject titles include:
- "I'm a newbie...be gentle"
- "How can I..."
- "Urgent...deadline tomorrow!"
The above subjects either have absolutely nothing to do with the question itself, or are grossly incomplete (ie: "How can I..."). When asking for help, enter a subject that summarizes your question, period! Don't use silly, incomplete, or "bait" subjects. Some examples of good titles are:
- "What's the difference between require() and include() in PHP?"
- "Can someone suggest a good, free HTML editor?"
09-11-2003, 12:09 AM
Oh, sorry a about that. I'm not new to the forum, I'm just new to this area. I always make a horrible first impression when I don't mean to. Once I know what I'm doing I'll be fine.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.