View Full Version : Ide?

alykins
04-15-2012, 06:59 PM
goes anyone have cross language experience with various IDE's? I mainly use visual studio- and I have tried using eclipse but it si not the same :( I would love to be able to use VS but that is impossible-

question is this... if you have worked with VS as well as working with the various Java IDE's, which would reflect VS the most?

Fou-Lu
04-15-2012, 07:07 PM
VS IMO opinion is a beast of its own. I've never found one that was quite like it, but admittedly I haven't used a whole pile of other IDE's either. The only ones I can think of off hand are VS, Eclipse, Dr. Java, and Komodo. Oh netbeans in there somewhere too.
Of them, I find eclipse to be the best. I use it for both my Java and my PHP writing. It does not feel at all like VS to me.
I don't remember a lot of these IDE's and who knows how much they've changed, but Dr. Java reminded me of a beefed up notepad++, and one of Komodo or netbeans reminded me of a less stable VS. I can't recall which as I've only briefly used either. Personally I do not like the VS IDE, so I've stuck with my eclipse.

alykins
04-15-2012, 07:13 PM
kk thanx for that- yeah I am a MS guy and have drunk the juice :p
I "can" use eclipse but it is just flat annoying to me since every day for about ten hours a day I am coding in VS08 or VS10 so the moonlight I have that requires Java IDE i just am unfamiliar with I guess.... it is close to VS; maybe once i start practicing more and more i will like it as well :p

Bushman
04-17-2012, 05:53 AM
I use blueJ. Many say BlueJ is hard and "too much work"....but it is only through using pure BlueJ, that I developed the persistence that forced the creative monster in me. I have subsequently developed a gui framework, which makes things look lie this:

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4287/screen2zu.png
By bushman21 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/bushman21) at 2012-04-16

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum